SAVE Cascadia Chapter 2016-2017 Board Year Board Meeting April 11, 2018

Meeting Attendance Sign-in Sheet April 2018

April 11, 2018
Board/Business Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Attendance : Steven Paget, Blane Long, Joel Davis, Ann Jamison, Trent Eakin, Ann Jamison, Laurie Dennis and David Hamilton.
Reports:
Treasurer’s – Joel noted there is approximately $6800.00 in the account. First quarter revenue of approximately $85.00. Future expenditure will be a $1,000 sponsorship of the WIFI at the 2018 International Conference.
Program/Professional Development Committee – None
Communications/Outreach Committee – None
Advocacy/Legislative Committee – None
Election Committee – Laurie Dennis and David Hamilton are the new Board Members.
General – None
Old Business Topics:
1. Cascadia Website: define vision and functional goals for website; update home page and post meeting notes, etc.; update the board officer list; when the new chapter president takes office, the president to write a personal welcome statement for posting on the home page.
2. Chapter Effectiveness Submission: consider as a guide for setting Chapter goals; how to use chapter funds to leverage chapter effectiveness and grow membership; consider submitting for Chapter Effectiveness Award
3. Gathering and reporting of performance metric data – identify a champion for this effort
New Business Topics:
1. Certify election results and welcome new board members; usher out the old. Moved by Steven, seconded by Blane. Passed unanimously. Steven will send a Thank You email to the candidates.
2. Appoint new officers. Joel continue as Treasurer – approved unanimously. Blane volunteered for Secretary – approved unanimously. Laurie nominated for president – approved unanimously. David Hamilton volunteered for Vice president – approved unanimously.
3. Assign responsibilities/volunteer for board responsibilities, i.e. communications, website maintenance, programming, etc. John Boatman will define what the Communication and Outreach Committee role and goals will be (including membership growth). David Hamilton will draft roles and goals for the Programming/Professional Development, with Steven Paget. Joel will define the Advocacy/Legislative Committee roles and goals. Accepted unanimously. Proposals will be provided by May 15 to Laurie.
4. Open committees to non-board membership. Future discussion once committees are established.
5. Select Cascadia representatives to the Business Meeting at the Conference. Laurie and Blane will represent the Chapter. Ann will back up if needed.
6. Consider how we want to structure the reduced number (4) of Chapter meetings.
a. Board meetings should be staggered away from the Chapter Meetings to allow for improved planning between meetings. Unanimously agreed that the President and Vice President to discuss.
7. Programs and locations for upcoming meetings. To be addressed by the new Board.
8. Consideration of proposal for the chapter to host Fundamentals I Training. Steven Paget proposed having multiple people from the chapter deliver a Fundamentals 1 Training for Chapter participants. The Board supported the concept. Steven will lead the effort with help from other board members.
9. Gathering and reporting of performance metric data – champion for this effort? Moved and seconded that this be addressed by the Legislative and Advocacy Committee. Passed unanimously.
10. Encourage Cascadia membership to vote in the upcoming national election and for the bylaws changes. Ann will send email to the membership encouraging participation in the two National Elections.
Summary:
Action Items
1. Steven will send a Thank you to the individuals who participated as candidates in the election.
2. The following individuals will develop role and goal statements for the following committees:
a. John Boatman will define what the Communication and Outreach Committee role and goals will be (including membership growth).
b. David Hamilton will draft roles and goals for the Programming/Professional Development, with Steven Paget.
c. Joel will define the Advocacy/Legislative Committee roles and goals.
Proposals will be provided by May 15 to Laurie.

3. Laurie and Blane will represent the Chapter at the SAVE International Conference, Ann will provide back-up if needed.

4. Steven Paget will lead development of a local fundamentals 1 training, supported by several members of the Board.

5. Ann will send an email to the membership encouraging their participation in the National Board election and the passage of the revised Bylaws.

6. Ann will email new Board information to the membership

7. Laurie will develop a new president message for the web page.
Board Meeting Schedule – To be developed.
Minutes prepared by Ann Jamison. If you have corrections or modifications, please email to ann@teamRHA.com .